When cats have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before, like filtering and reabsorbing nutrients. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Therapeutic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition to help protect your cat's vital kidney function, enhance appetite and increase food intake. This dry food is made with chicken and has an irresistible taste that your cat will love. In fact, the nutrition of Prescription Diet k/d is clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Stimulates appetite & increases food intake
- Supports the cat's natural ability to build and maintain muscle mass daily
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Reduced phosphorus & sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) Technology for cats
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d with Chicken Dry Cat Food is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits.
Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Chicken, Brown Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken Fat, Brewers Rice, Pea Protein, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Egg Product, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Lactic Acid, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Citrate, L-Arginine, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more. Some cats may need longer than 7 days to transition to a new food. Be patient and consistent.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)
||Amount per Day - cups (grams)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet k/d with Chicken Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
Average Nutrient & Caloric Content:
4184 kcal/kg (534 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE
|Total Omega-3 FA
|Total Omega-6 FA