When cats have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before, like filtering and reabsorbing nutrients. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed, and taking action early can be beneficial. Therapeutic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Early Support clinical nutrition for early protection of a cat's vital kidney function and to encourage eating for strength and energy. This dry food is made with chicken and has an irresistible taste that cats love.
Acting early with the nutrition of Prescription Diet k/d Early Support can help improve quality of life and lengthen the relationship with your cat.
How it helps:
- Early support of vital kidney function
- Encourages eating for energy and vitality
- Helps maintain a healthy weight and muscle mass
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
How it works:
- Avoids excess phosphorus and sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) Technology for cats
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Early Support with Chicken Dry Cat Food is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits.
Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Chicken, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat, Wheat Gluten, Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Lactic Acid, DL-Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, L-Arginine, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Lysine, L-Threonine, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Calcium Sulfate, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more. Some cats may need longer than 7 days to transition to a new food. Be patient and consistent.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)
||Amount per Day - cups(grams)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Early Support with Chicken Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
Average Nutrient & Carloric Content:
4124 kcal/kg (526 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE
|Total Omega-3 FA
|Total Omega-6 FA