Cats and dogs can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from surgery, illness or injury. While under these stressful conditions, your pet is challenged to maintain their strong natural defenses which makes it even more important to feed the right food to help your pet bounce back from these tough situations.
Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet a/d, clinically tested nutrition specially formulated for dogs and cats recovering from surgery, illness or injury so you can feel confident you are giving your pet your best.
How it helps
- Energy dense and rich in calories to provide the energy needed during recovery
- Exceptional taste to encourage eating
- Maximum flexibility in feeding - by hand, bowl, spoon, syringe or tube - to deliver the essential nutrients critically ill pets need
- Bolsters immune system and supports your pet's natural ability to heal
How it works
- High levels of digestible protein and fat to support recovery
- Smooth, soft, moist and thixotropic consistency, stirring makes it more liquid, to enable multiple feeding options
- Clinically proven antioxidants to support immune function & healing
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only. Not recommended for long-term feeding (more than 6 months). Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your pet to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Water, Turkey Giblets, Pork Liver, Chicken, Corn Flour, Pork Protein Isolate, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Natural Flavor, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Oxide, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Beta-Carotene.
Individual requirements may vary depending on pre-existing nutritional status and medical condition. Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
|Weight of Animal
||Critical care-Cage rest
||Critical care-Severe burn, injury, head trauma
||Critical care-Surgery, sepsis, cancer, trauma, fever, feline hepatic lipidosis
|5 lb (2,3 kg)
|8 lb (3,6 kg)
|10 lb (4,5 kg)
|15 lb (6,8 kg)
|20 lb (9,1 kg)
|30 lb (14 kg)
|40 lb (18 kg)
|50 lb (23 kg)
|60 lb (27 kg)
|70 lb (32 kg)
|80 lb (36 kg)
|90 lb (41 kg)
|100 lb (45 kg)
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d with Chicken Dog & Cat Food is intended for intermittent feeding only.
Average Nutrient & Caloric Content
183 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE
|Total Omega-3 FA
|Total Omega-6 FA